Sunday, May 20, 2012

Watching Frontline

Things change once you turn 30. I cannot watch any new movies, and I seriously don't care to watch The Avengers (a friend of mine I haven't seen in four years told me the ending anyway). Most times than not, I cannot watch any movies without darting off my attention somewhere else, unless it's a movie I like. The only thing new that I watch is PBS's own Frontline. They make new episodes here and there.



I watched 'The Spill' just yesterday, catching up on everyone's hatred of BP. Little did I know back in 2005, when people were more concerned about what came out of Paris Hilton's butthole, BP had some safety problems which cause an explosion at there Texas City plant, killing 15 people (I can now imagine Tony Hayward saying sorry for that one, but John Browne was the HNIC at the time). BP is also had numerous safety and enviormental issues, and most everyone knows about the Deepwater Horizon spill (Tony Hayward: Sorr-wee).

 Ever since BP caused what they did, my late friend Justin Dwayne Foxworth, author (61-11) had encouraged people not to go to a BP gas station.

This blog, as I said in my second post, is not meant to be political, (BP is polluting the ocean, MAAAAAN!) However, I think the late Mr. Foxworth does have a point, make BP go down by not buying their gas, unless of course, you are out in the middle of nowhere with no gas and BP is the only place around, I guess you don't have a choice but to fill-up.

I'm a boring asshole, I like PBS. NPR is good too, but too much politics. I like radio stations with no or little political agenda. Stay tuned for a story about a man here in Michigan lobbyist was to keep AM radio on the political left, coming up this week. Boy, oh boy, I'm teasing a upcoming article, this is what crappy morning radio shows do (not to mention American Idol).

"Dub-buh-yah ALK Radio, Harry Sachz with you here, we will tell you about a lobbyist who got caught at the wrong end of the law. Stay tuned at seven-oh-five am, but first we have a phony phone call coming up after we play Justin Bieber's 'Baby' (the intro starts), and boy, I'm getting a rock one in my pants just hearing his voice. Dub-bug-yah ALK-FM!"


I know within 20 years from now, we will be seeing less and less of these hacky morning radio shows. I wonder if Scott & Todd will be around by then? They got to New York, so I would call them the kings of that category.



Before I end this little post, I want to remind the three people who are visiting this site regualry to consider listening to Tom Leykis on Monday 3pm-7pm Pacific time (6p-10p Eastern) for Money Mondays. Tom Leykis's show is about teaching men on how to get laid with less money, but he does talk about other issues. Don't worry, you'll like this, it's better than listening to that drama queen Suze Orman (who has been bought out by special interests from time to time). 

"And if the music stops
There's only the sound of the rain
All the hope and glory,
All the sacrifice in vain
And if love remains
Through everything is lost
We will pay the price,
But we will not count the cost

- Rush, "Bravado" 1991.

No comments:

Post a Comment