Saturday, May 19, 2012

Van Halen Can't Get Along.


Boy, am I such a thieving bastard, 'borrowing' a photo from a big website. Gonna get sued.

It's 1996 in 2012, Van Halen is fighting again. I thought about going to get tickets for the Detroit show, probably should but then again, that's hit or miss. I heard about the news on the all-news AM station here in Detroit: http://www.wwj.com

Of course, no reason or comment was given, but I knew instantly what was going down. Eddie and Alex are getting pissed at David Lee.

Remember this:

I also recall in 1996, Eddie himself wrote an article on one of the guitar magazines (back then, there was itar World, Guitar Player and a few others that don't quite ring a bell at the moment), but he had written a long article on his side of the story. I remember it first started with Sammy Hagar. Then when they did the greatest hits album, David Lee did those two songs (Me Wise Magic is a personal favorite). Then, well, take a look at the video.

Opie & Anthony were saying that a fight might come up while they are performing, I banking on that. Otherwise, according to Ticketmaster, tickets aren't available for the Detroit show at the moment, not sure if was due to the new news. Better get the insurance included in case Eddie takes his guitar and hits David over the head with it, or David does the high kick to Eddie's face. Buy a ticket and don't forget the insurance, Ticketmaster offers that.

Otherwise, I'll be checking Youtube soon for further drama.

Afterwards, I'd guess Van Halen will probably try with a different singer besides Hagar? It didn't work with Gary Cherone (did I spell that right? Too lazy to check, and besides I bought Van Halen's III back in the day, and it sucked).

"Back in the high life again." -Steve Winwood.

UPDATE: Found this: (PS, fast forward to the one minute mark)




No comments:

Post a Comment