Thursday, July 25, 2013

Rolling Stone Cover / Anthony Weiner's Weiner

  When it comes to Rolling Stone magazine, I stopped reading it when the grunge-era ended. Back in the summer of 93 (at 11 years old), I was a fan of classic rock. And then Stone Temple Pilots came around with "Plush" that it blew me away. I stopped listening to journey and got into the grunge. I begged my family to buy me flannel and grunge CD's as I got into STP, Alice In Chains, The Offspring, Sheryl Crow (god, I wanted to fuck her!) and a few more that I can't think of. 93, 94 and 95, I could fucking watch MTV all day long. I loved grunge! I got a Alice In Chains Dirt t-shirt for Xmas in 94, I wore the shirt twice a week and was often ripped on for that at school.

  Rolling Stone magazine was something I would read to get info on my favorite bands at the time. Would love reading about STP, AIC, Soundgarden, lots more, while bashing the bands I hated, calling them gaywods. One of them I hated at first was Collective Soul, I hated "Shine", but after a while they got onto to me, and when their song Gel got with the Jerky Boys movie, they gained my respect. But another thing that Rolling Stone did that I hated was the political shit they would input. I remember getting my grungy paws onto a Rolling Stone somewhere in that era, and there was an article about Global Warming. It's a fucking music magazine, FUCK global warming! I wanna see that pic of Sheryl Crow wearing a white blouse so I can enjoy the fun of masturbating to it (I did have a crush on Sheryl Crow, as said again).

  But after the grunge era passed us by and Mike Judge ended Beavis and Butthead for the happier King of The Hill (not a serious fan of), I stopped reading Rolling Stone. We went to the end of the grunge era to the start of the boy band era, and I wasn't a fan of the Backstreet Boys. I last time I read a Rolling Stone was when Joey Ramone died and on the cover was Destiny's Child, they were pushing Destiny's Child the magazine opposed to Joey Ramone's passing, so I imagined Beyonce's Father (then the manager) must of ponied up the cash to put his skanky daughter on the cover, opposed to a dead punk legend.

I thought this would be better, stolen from Philly.com
I guess even since I dropped Rolling Stone altogether, from what I have been told, RS sure has gone political a little more. It's interesting to see that the folks of Rolling Stone was able to borrow the living Boston bomber, give him a makeover, and now, he's on the cover of a Rolling Stone.

It's good that people are giving Rolling Stone shit on their Facebook. I wanted to put up a picture of a prolapsed anus, but RS restricts pics (probably stopped when the shit storm went their way). It's interesting to see real-time complaints on a web page (couldn't do that in 93-95, all you can do is write a letter and hope for the 1 in 1,000,000,000 chance that your letter will be put up on their mailbox issue. I wrote two letters to Metal Maniacs (RIP 2009, wah!) and those didn't get on the mail section.

And it's also good that most retailers in Boston and New England are pissed off about it too. But according to an article I read, RS is highly-based on subscribers. So, quite a few will say fuck you to Rolling Stone.

But in the end, Rolling Stone will continue on. they won't go bust on putting the bomber on the cover of the Rolling Stone. They will continue with articles about Global Warming and how the Republicans are fucking up the world (I'm a Moderate, so shut up bitch), they will take loads of money from a pop star to put her on the cover, even if an old rockstar who was big in the 70s or 80s or both finally kicks the bucket. So, say if Bob Seger dies and Carly Rae Jepsen shits out another hit and her label gives loads of cash to Rolling Stone, don't expect an old photo of Bob Seger with his birth year and death year with loads of info and interviews from the people who knew him, expect Carly Rae Jepsen with a written article of blatant ass-kissing.

With that scenario mentioned, I wonder if the end of the grunge era has got to me. Sounds like it does.

----------------------------

Now, with the second mention....

I'm fucking tired, I gotta work 12 hours with a wacky fucker. So, to make things simple and short. Mr. Weiner surely has a sex addiction and his wife looking to move on with him (opposed to without) does suggest to me that perhaps she doesn't want to be go down a level of two while dealing with the divorce (IE, leaving Mr. Weiner's house to stay with her parents). Just a guess.

It isn't the first time that Mr. Weiner has done bad with showing his weiner to them womanz. But, a woman who respects herself would fucking run away from that after strike one (shitty analogy).

Just as much as a woman who respects herself would not go to bed with me, unless she's drunk and we bang. Then she wakes up the next morning and says, "Oh my gawd, I had sex with one of my son's ugly friends?"

Robbee loves cougars.

A woman whose crazy fucks me and asks for more, I bet Ms. Weiner would be one of them.

"We suspend our disbelief
And we are not alone."

-Rush, Mystic Rhythms 1985

No comments:

Post a Comment